Come join my adventures!

Friday, December 12, 2008

Food For Thought...

A year ago I was in Salzburg, Austria saying good-bye to my new friends I'd made.

While they were preparing to head back home to the States, I was getting ready to take a trip south to the continent of Africa. With three other girls, I embarked on a journey I never thought I would do at the age of Nineteen.

Now, a year later, I have nearly all but forgotten about that fantastic experience in Egypt. How could such an amazing journey be left on the back burner?

I was able to walk the streets of Cairo, ride camels around the Giza Pyramids, snorkel in the Red Sea, and watch the sun rise over the Saudi Arabian mountains. While I was in a far-off foreign land, my parents, relatives, and friends were home most likely worrying about my health, well-being and safety as I travelled through an underdeveloped land.

Don't ever overlook or forget all the blessings in your life. Live each day to its fullest while trusting the future and loving the past.