Come join my adventures!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Olympics

Leap year only comes every four years. However, who waits around to celebrate the arrival of this rare day? I sure can't think of anyone!

Now, what about them Olympics? I love the Olympics! Whether it be the Winter or the Summer Olympics, I try to fit as much of the Games in during the exciting two weeks as I can.

The idea that this one huge event brings the entire world together to watch different sports that rarely get much media coverage is just fascinating for me. From amazing speeds on the Bobsled, Luge, and Skeleton tracks, to Lindsey Vonn and Bode Miller's downhill skiing, to the European dominance in the Biathlon and cross country skiing, to Shaun White's fearless snowboarding, and to Apolo Ohno and the Koreans in short track speedskating...there has to be something that will excite any spectator.

With only one more week of the Games left to go, I am already sad that the end is near.

Not everyone gets as pumped up about the Olympics as I do, but we all have to get excited about something, right?

Enjoy the Games!