Come join my adventures!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chilly Texas

Believe it or not, one can get chilly down here in Texas! It definitely stays warmer longer down here, especially in comparison to my northern home, but it also gets chilly.

We went to a new restaurant last night, Mi Casa Tamales, with some friends of ours. We had gone in order to watch a band play a gig last night that Brooke and her friends knew. It was a beautiful evening, don't get my wrong, but I got cold! The outdoor heater element that was by our table was not in full working order and so my t-shirt and jeans did not completely suffice.

However, we had a great night. The band played good ole songs like, "Purple People Eater," "Build me up Buttercup," and other favorites. I tried an interesting Mexican dish called, Carne Guisada. It is a beef stew served with beans, rice, and lettuce that you put in a tortilla. It was good and it was something new, but I don't believe I will ever be ordering it again!

So as the weather cools down here and I find myself trying to remember a sweater, I still continue to work 6 days a week and hang out with my fantastic roommate. Nothing has changed much after my quick trip home for my brother's wedding and I quickly was back into the swing of things when I returned. The lows here in San An are only around 55 degrees and not freezing like back home, so I won't complain too much and will try to enjoy the coolness of the nights.