Come join my adventures!

Monday, November 8, 2010

What's Next?

After moving down to TX in August, I had vowed to myself that I was going to make no more plans for my life. I was going to just wait and see what happened and go with it.

Well, I think it must be said that that vow has to come with some rules. Going with the flow can't just mean I don't know what is next until ten minutes before it happens. That just wouldn't work. Therefore, my vow is more of a-see how things go, try to live it all up as you can, and if something comes up or is offered that sounds like it might fit into the scheme of life...go for it.

With this said, I do have some 'plans' for the next 6-8 months, but with very minor details. First and foremost, the plan is to stay in San An until the apartment lease is up. Next, I will go back to WI. And the final 'plan' is to head back to Salzburg in May to my second home in Europe!

What actually happens between now and the end of my stint in Texas has not yet been drawn. I do not know what new friends I will meet, how many hours of work I will add up, or what new places in TX I will explore.

When I head home, I am unsure how many calves will be born, how many meals I will cook, or if I will actually ever leave the farm once I've returned to it.

Heading to Salzburg has just been decided and the minorest of details are unwritten.

I am enjoying life. I am looking forward to every day. The weather is beautiful here, I have an amazing roommate, I have visitors coming to stay with me in the next two weeks, and I am just taking it all as it comes one step at a time!