Come join my adventures!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Beginning

2011 is here. Many people spent the night prior to the new year by going out with friends, hanging out with family, hosting a party, having drinks, playing games, dancing, or watching the ball drop on television.

Me? I had supper with some friends and co-workers then headed back home. Ended up falling asleep around 11 pm. The plans were to go out dancing and bring in the new year in style with a good friend of mine. However, a 101.1 degree temp can put a damper on things and my very sick friend was at home sleeping and I found myself also sinking into my bed.

Although the year 2011 did not start out with a bang, I'm sure there are many new opportunities I will have to make the year unforgettable.

Its quite interesting to me actually how we celebrate the beginning of a new year. Sometimes when I really think about it, I decide its just another day. We should almost just as well celebrate every morning by shouting Happy New Day!

What does a new year really mean? Is it about the resolutions that no one ever keeps? Is it only about going out with friends to feel sick the next day or to have another crazy story to share? Is it about 'finally figuring you life out this year?'

Whatever the beginning of a new year or the prospect of a different chance at life means, I propose we grasp each and every day and live each to the fullest. Wherever you may be, whatever situations you may encounter, or whenever you hit a rocky patch, think of the next day like a New Year. A Happy New Day may not be 12 months long, but it is 24 hours long and the previous day can soon become a glimpse of the past.

I hope everyone had a safe, fun and memorable New Year's celebration and the year has started out right. However, don't only take a new year as the only fresh beginning. Each and every day can be a fresh start.