Come join my adventures!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

High Rises to Gravel Roads

Within the course of two days, I drove on back roads in the country as well as rode the subway in the city of Chicago. 

This past Monday I took a short trip to Chicago for my interview that will help determine what I will be doing in the near future and where I will be doing it!  After being at home for some time, driving in the city again was almost strange to me!  Not to mention the drivers in Chicago are much different than those in San Antonio. 

On my walk to my interview it was really interesting to walk downtown in my professional dress and not feel completely out of place.  I was sharing the sidewalk with many others who were on their lunch breaks or heading back to their work downtown.  I do have to say though that anyone would know I was out of town just by looking at my phone!  My old Motorola flip phone did not fit in well with IPhones and other Smartphones.  Oh well, I do believe I had a successful interview (no matter what my phone looks like) and am excited to learn what comes next.

After enjoying downtown, I jumped on the Blue Line and headed back to meet up with my friend's husband.  We spent the rest of the afternoon at the movies and out on a walk with dog, Titan, while Kayla was busy at school.  Italian was on the menu for supper and great conversation before slipping away to super sleep! 

Tuesday began a most beautiful day!  The sun was out and it wasn't too warm with a nice slight breeze.  Breakfast of rolls, pastries, and donuts from a nearby bakery as well as coffee and tea from the coffee shop K works at was very delicious and enjoyed out on the patio.  Another short walk with Mr. Titan and it was time for me to head back west. 

If I could say one thing that Illinois could do away with, I would say TOLLS!!  On I-88, I had to pay $5-$6 dollars for a stretch of 45-65 miles.  But it was worth it as I was able to meet up with three of my friends with whom I attended K-State.  It was so great to meet to catch up and chat and enjoy a little time together! 

Soon it was time to head home and on my way north I was able to travel on a two mile stretch of a good old gravel road.  From Tollways to gravel roads, its amazing where my life takes me!  Just a simple visit to friends can become an interesting journey along the way!