Come join my adventures!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Life's Many Paths

It doesn't happen everyday, but every now and then I wonder what I would be doing in the States or elsewhere if I wasn't a Peace Corps Volunteer.

Would I be at home feeding all the beautiful Jersey calves  Would I be abroad in Austria visiting all the wonderful friends there and around Europe? Would I be back in Texas again at Panera, working as a Pedi-cab in Austin, or spending my days working on any of the large dairy operations near Dalhart?

Maybe I would be have actually followed my sisters to Madison and found a random job like I often do.  I have fantastic friends in Chicago who just welcomed their first-born child.  I know helping them care for him would be so super, fun and the time of my life.

Or, maybe, I would be thinking about what I could be doing and start the application process to become a Peace Corps Volunteer.

There are countless other opportunities in the world - but right now I find myself in Zambia.  I could be happy doing something different, but right now taking one day at a time, experiencing all that Africa has to offer is where I choose to be.

I have made numerous friends, many whom I know will continue to be close and dear to me even after my service here.  I am learning a new language and trying everyday to communicate effectively in Tonga!

I have always loved traveling, seeing other places, and meeting new people.  I also love agriculture.  All of this and more I find here in Zambia.

What are your favorite things to do?  Where do you want to go?  If you were doing something else, what would it be?

Maybe you also love to travel and are off on a new adventure to Hawaii.  Perhaps you are super happy in Fort Worth, TX and excited about your upcoming wedding.  Suppose you're enjoying days filled with cows or youth or both.  Or really, you are trying to get through the next day of classes, as sometimes its quite difficult.

Its amazing how different we all are and how we all find ourselves in various situations and circumstances of life.

I just hope and wish you all well wherever you are or whatever stage of life you are in.

One day at a time - its all any of us can really ever do!

Don't hesitate to send a text, email or letter!  Love hearing from you all!  And please feel free to comment or let me know what you all want to hear about my life here in Zambia!  I try to mix it up, but not always sure what to share!

Thanks for reading!