Come join my adventures!

Sunday, May 18, 2014

I Think It's Time To Buy Rain Boots.

All I wanted to do was go to the library one mile away and pick up the DVDs I had on hold that were ready for pick-up. 

However, today it was raining.  Not just Portland, a little sprinkle here and little dribble there, raining.  No, it was pouring cats and dogs and even had a few pebbles of hail fall down.  There were some siestas throughout the rain, but very inconsistent and not nearly long enough to really get out and about without it raining again. 

I decided to take a nap and see if the rain would dissipate and leave for awhile.  After waking up, it was still raining.

I was determined to get to the library and decided to grab a bus for the three-minute ride down the road. 

Sure enough, I get to the library and the rain seems to go away and the sun almost tries to peek out from behind some clouds.  I check out the sky and the dreary clouds of rain seemed to be heading away out of NW Portland. 

I go into the library, grab my DVDs and head back out the door down the street by foot.  I think I can't possibly get caught in the rain in the next fifteen minutes.  And even if I do, I have my rain jacket on and my umbrella. 

What happens only three or four blocks away from my apartment?  It starts DOWN POURING!!

I try to hide in the little alcoves and entrances to some businesses, but I can't loiter there all day looking sad and just waiting for the rain to stop.  Also, how wet can I possibly get in just a few blocks?

...VERY WET! 

I do not know how exactly I managed it, but my tennis shoes were two-thirds of the way soaked.  My jeans were dark from being wet up to my knees.  And when I peeled off my socks, the only dry spot was the top part of my heel.  I was so wet from the knees down I could barely believe it.

I walked in the door and exclaimed, "I think it's about time I invested in a pair of rain boots!"