Come join my adventures!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

One Week Down

After a full week of classes and work and other crazy happenings, it is the weekend and I am ready for a tiny break.

I have only been back in Manhattan for 6 days and I already feel like I've been here for months! I am up by 7 or so every morning for class or work and eventually get down on campus anytime after 5. Then its off to put something together for the Dairy Science Club, run errands, or give plasma. And then the weekend arrived and I still didn't get a break! Today I went north to the Seneca, KS area to do my first full day of dairy judging practice...it was intense. I'm really not too good, but I did improve throughout the day!

So, its been a pretty busy week and it doesn't appear to be lightening up anytime soon. I have more work to do, assignments will begin to be due, more practice, more activities, and more friends to meet up with!

Although its been busy, I had time to meet up with many friends and even went out for a night of bowling tonight! Bowled with right hand first game: 68 points. Bowled with my left hand second game: 68 points...who would have thought?

Tomorrow morning I will be off to church with my roommate's and my "Kansas family" upstairs. We rent a basement apartment of a fantastic family and get to attend church with them! I've never been to their church, so it should be a new and fulfilling experience!

I get to meet a new international friend tomorrow and then off to the Wesley Block Party which will include amazing food, fellowship and fun! A start to another full week!