Come join my adventures!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Without A Phone

I do not feel so dependent on my cell phone that I must have it on me 24/7 and keep a close eye on the screen to be sure no one new has called me or text me. I also do not feel the need to have the Internet on my phone or any new or highly technologically advanced gadgets either.

However, I really would enjoy a cell phone that would at least allow me to simply text or call up a friend when I want or need to.

Probably three weeks ago my cell phone decided to stop receiving service at sporadic moments. It has now come to almost completely not get service except once every couple of days. I thought I was going to be able to get it fixed or quickly update my equipment and get a new phone. However, different circumstances has left me still with a phone that doesn't consistently work.

I have found that communication with my friends and family has definitely decreased since my phone's abrupt halt in working. I am unable to plan spur of the moment meetings with friends, cannot call up my sisters any time that I feel the need to, and overall feel like I am more lonely in the world without my phone.

I don't plan on becoming overly dependent on my cell as soon as I do get a new one (which I hope is tomorrow), but I will definitely not take for granted the small little device that keeps me always connected with the rest of the world! Materialistic devices sadly making the world go round.