Come join my adventures!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Old Friends New Memories

Yesterday afternoon I arrived for the first time in three years back in Bozeman, MT.

I had left Montana State University in order to see the rest of the world and end out my college years at Kansas State University. My reasons were many, but I am not sure how strong they really were. Montana is a great state with beautiful scenery and amazing mountain views. The people are all super nice and you can find good food around every corner. However, I felt like there was more world out there, I thought I needed a different agriculture program at another institution, and for some reason I started resenting Montana while I was a freshman here.

While I do not regret in any way transferring or changing my initial academic plans, I do wonder how different my experiences would have been had I came back to Bozeman after my stint in Austria.

It has been the most amazing time back here with all my friends from three years ago. So far it almost feels like I never left. Everyone is a little older with some changed views on life or whatnot and there are a few new faces in the mix, but overall, a good time to be had.

It is so easy for me to walk away from things. I have met so many people in so many places and have just walked away from most everyone I know in order to pursue new challenges and opportunities. I must never forget, though, the amazing friends that I leave behind and continue to keep in contact with them.

I am fully enjoying all my time back at MSU for a few short days. We reminisce about the good old days, but at the same time, we are making new memories and growing stronger relationships and ties that will keep us in touch for many moons to come.

Friends all over the world are such treasures to have. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful ones!