Come join my adventures!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

On The Road

Friday, 28. October, 2011, I finished my last day of the fall 2011 season on the island in Boston, MA.  I totally enjoyed my time in Boston and loved the work that we did.

After a great season, we had a super fun and amazing last night farewell party and we all headed off the island on the boat Saturday.  Sunday I hung out with Brooke...always amazing!  And Monday, Halloween, a friend, S, and I headed out on the road to Amherst, MA.

The road to Amherst was not as easy going as we had planned.  There was a lot of damage from a snow storm that left a lot of the area without power.  We took it slow and arrived safely.  We stayed with my friend, W, to celebrate his birthday.  It was really different to have a birthday party in an apartment with candles as light and blankets and jackets as heat.  It was a super time and was awesome to visit friends!

Today S and I headed south and met up with a friend I met in Austria in New Haven.  He studies music at Yale and it was just so amazing to be able to meet up with him after three or four years.  On the drive down from Mass it was so beautiful with all the leaves and changing colors of the trees.  So pretty.

After New Haven, if was off to our current location, New York!  Brooklyn to be exact.  My friend, R, whom I also met in Austria, lives here and is our host for the evening.  She took us out to see the city and walk around for a bit.  NYC is such a large, busy city.  I find it very similar to Chicago, but is also very different.  It was so fun to walk around, drink some fantastic (but very sweet) hot chocolate, check out different stores, and document everything with photos!  Such a great day and night!

So, S and I are out on the road making our way westerly.  We have no exact plans and are going as we drive.  Its been a great adventure already and I can't wait for what is to come next!  Hopefully I"ll be updating more over the next couple weeks so keep checking in!  Happy Late Halloween!!  Hello November!