Come join my adventures!

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Chicago

I arrived here in Chicago yesterday afternoon.  On my way down here I was fortunate to stop by in Rockford and visit a super friend of mine!  Always great to catch up with friends when we see each other so irregularly.

I was almost to my friends' place when I was about to make a left turn and nearly got myself in a very very very bad accident.  It was my fault and I take the blame; however, I am just so thankful and relieved that the other vehicle did not hit me.  We both drove away.  He was very angry.

So, I did make it to K&J's safely and had a wonderful afternoon before other friends came over to enjoy some burgers before we headed out to a fantastic live theatrical production of Peter Pan.  The play was performed in a tent of sorts on a circular stage with the help of video graphics on the wall of the facility and contraptions to help the characters fly.  Was a unique and interesting way to see such a play.

It was an all-around good day (minus the near mishap) and will continue to enjoy Chicago while I'm here!  Not sure where to next or when, but if anyone has suggestions, let me know!