Come join my adventures!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall Retreat

I am into my fourth year of University, and if there is one part of my college life that I always try to keep constant is staying involved in a campus ministry or local church. That has not changed one bit while being here in Kansas.

After attending many different campus ministries and checking them all out, I have found a place in the Wesley group. This is the United Methodist Campus Ministry. It is comfortably small with super nice and friendly people and being in this group always lifts me up and revitalizes me.

This past weekend I had the chance to take a trip with Wesley to Camp Chippewa two hours away for the annual Fall Retreat. It was a nice group of about eighteen, and it was a great time together. We were able to hang out and just relax, go for walks or night hikes, and discuss our Spiritual Gifts as a group.

I was able to get to know everyone so much better and make a few new friends. It was a great weekend with friends and God!

I encourage everyone to take some time off and just 'retreat' for a bit! Whether that be just going for a short walk around the block, or taking a trip to see friends and family, time away and to relax and to be with God is always healthy!