Come join my adventures!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Normal Happenings

This week is just another ordinary one in my life here in Kansas. The week started out with an exam that I definitely could have done better on, classes that were not the most exciting, and work which proved to be dirty and unpleasant. A pipe broke in the basement of the Meat Lab flooding many storage areas. We had the privilege of cleaning out old, moldy and wet ceiling tiles!

The week continued with another day of work and class on Tuesday. Anatomy and Physiology was fun with our lab groups presenting different models and explanations of skeletal muscle. Plasma was my next stop, always an exciting part of my week! And then off to the Wesley for worship.

Every Tuesday, the Wesley has worship with great music, fellowship, messages, and sometimes food! This week the worship group led us through some great uplifting songs! And our ministry Pastor then talked to us about honesty and doing what it is you say you are going to do. It was a great night full of friends and fellowship.

Today is Wednesday. My phone actually has decided to quit getting service every now and then. Its frustrating, but hopefully I can fix it soon. Work began early this morning at 6. It was very slow and luckily I was able to study for my second exam of the week which I feel pretty good about how I did. Always a motivator! The rest of my Wednesday was filled with more less than exciting classes and many projects in the Meat Lab.

My evening also included my first and probably last University Homecoming activity! At our basketball stadium, frats and sororities joined together to perform different dance routines to a full house. It was neat to see the different routines and especially fun to watch because the theme is western related. I am not very big into sports and am not hyped up with 'school spirit' very easily. However, tonight at the stadium, it was neat to see so many people gathered together with such spirit and excitement for their school.

It hasn't been an over exciting week in the world of Dana here in Manhattan, but its been exciting enough. Should be a great weekend as I head to Indianapolis, IN to wear my FFA official dress for the last time receiving my FFA American Degree!

Take care. Stay healthy. God Bless!