Come join my adventures!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

FFA

After being an active member in the National FFA Organization since 7th grade, I was able to round out my career by receiving my FFA American Degree!

It was a super weekend beginning with some time in an airplane and an airport and then being greeted by my wonderful parents!! Saturday morning began with a little chill in the air, but I was super warm when I put on my Official Dress for the last time. Years of hanging out in my blue corduroy jacket and black skirt will never be forgotten, but it was a little sad to know that I will never have another event to put on my wonderful blue and gold!

After reaching Indy and the Lucas Oil Stadium, I made my way to my chair in the WISCONSIN section. I was able to meet up with many past state FFA officers who were also receiving their American degrees. After waiting for quite awhile, me and over 100 other WI FFA American Degree recipients headed backstage to have our pictures taken and then awarded our degree. It was super neat to receive the highest degree in the FFA and it was a super time to be able to go to Indianapolis and receive it on stage!

After the convention, Mom, Dad and I headed to visit some relatives in IL. It was great to play with the kids and just hang out. But one of the best occurrences over the weekend was meeting up with my spring semester roommate from Austria!! I forgot that she went to school in the same town as where my flight back to Manhattan was. So, I was able to call her up and we were able to meet for lunch and have a walk around ISU campus! It was so great to see Brooke!! So sweet!

But, all good things must move on eventually and I was saying good-bye to Brooke and my parents and was headed back on a plane to Manhattan, KS.

It was a super weekend filled with fantastic family and friends. What more could a girl ask for?