Come join my adventures!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Indian Cuisine

Food is always good. Especially when it is new and exciting to your taste buds. Today I was able to taste the great cuisine of India! I have an international buddy from India who wanted to share with me the food of his country!

We were able to travel to Topeka to find the Globe Indian Cuisine to taste this super food! It was a small restaurant with a cute buffet, but held lots of flavor. I was able to try the usual rice Indians eat with a yellow chicken curry, an egg dish, and Paneer. I also enjoyed Nan, a kind of bread that is flat and can be baked or fried. I'd have to say that the dish with Paneer, a South Asian type of cheese, was my favorite. However, it doesn't beat the sweet doughnut-like treat that I of course loved!

It was a beautiful Fall day today and I enjoyed it very much, the trip to the Indian restaurant was just a simple added bonus!

When you get a chance, go try some yourself, its totally worth it!